Thursday, June 3, 2010

Goals

Yesterday, I figured out what I've been missing all along. for the past few years. especially after finishing the course at MindChamps. I realised that because of this one small thing, I've not achieved much success the last few years. To some, they might think that I'm already achieving, if you do not take accademic results into count. Take the exchange programme I participated in when I was in Sec2. How many students had the opportunity? Take the internship last year as an example. How many students signed up for it and went for the interview, in hope that they would be choosen. At the end of the day, only very few of the big group of students were choosen. probably 14 out of around 200 students? Wasn't it an extremely great oportunity for me?
My answer to these would be that it depends on how you view it. Of course I've got plenty of opportunities. I was literally jumping at any oportunities that came my way. Although I've got quite a few opportunities to participate in these type of activities, what I lack of are Goals. Not the type where the football is kicked into the goal but life goals! I've not been setting goals and even if I did, it would soon be forgotten.
So, yesterday, I got myself a book and I started listing down my goals. My short term goals, medium term goals and long term goals. At the same time, I looked at what I've wrote then during the EmpowerU programme. My goals. both short term and medium term. I realised that I've not fulfilled some of my goals. I shall not tell you what are my goals at this time. However, I shall tell you when I've completed these goals...

No comments:

Post a Comment