Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cash Register

It was Saturday night. Just like any other Saturday nights, I was at my maternal grandparents' house. I had gone swimming with my brothers earlier, late afternoon. After which I went to my grandparents' place for dinner like we always did on Saturdays.
Tonight was special for I decided to spend the night at at the cash register with my cousin. It was a great experience serving customers although there were some hiccups.
The first thing that happened was that...
a girl was standing at the cashier, waiting for us to calculate how much she had to pay and there we were, trying to look for a calculator for our mental sums is not as good as it used to be. We were so desperate that I took out my phone to calculate using the calculator in my phone. That was when my grandpa came and calculated it in a short while.
So, lesson learnt? We (I mean my cousin and I) decided we should do this more and that we are revising math for we need to calculate the amount to be paid as well as to calculate how much change is needed. I can claim credit for finding change for I calculated faster than him:)
Second thing that happened...
A guy came and wanted to but cigrattes. He wanted this certain brand of cigrattes-Next light (I think) It was a box of cigratte with green packaging. Having little experience working at the cash register and not knowing much about cigrattes, we looked up at the wide range of cigrattes of that brand with green packaging and did what I think is a stupid thing. One by one, we took the cigratte box from the shelf and asked him(the guy) if that was the brand of cigrattes until...Bingo! I finally found what he wanted. My cousin then recieved the money from him and gave him his change.
Lesson learnt? We concluded that it's not easy to sell cigrattes. You'll have to know the differnt brands and differentiate same brands with same colour packaging...
I think that's all for today=)

No comments:

Post a Comment